Mission, Philosophy & Objectives
Through a Christian environment, we educate and nurture children so that they remain life-long faithful followers of Jesus and use their God-given abilities wherever He calls them.
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
- Every child has been uniquely created by God and is included in His plan of salvation. God has accepted the victory of His Son Jesus over sin, and desires that all children receive this victory through faith and be adopted as His very own children. (Mark 10:14)
- God has entrusted parents with the responsibility of guiding their children to a faith relationship which is constantly growing and is lived out according to His purpose. (Proverbs 22:6)
- God has also called His church to assist parents by providing multiple Christ-centered opportunities that lead children to faith, that enable children to grow in their faith and share their faith.
- We are privileged to provide a Christian educational environment which assists parents in fostering their children’s spiritual, social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development through play and through hands-on experience.
- We believe that daily prayer is important.
- We believe in the value of diversity, which challenges students to recognize and respect the beliefs and customs of all people.
- We believe in every student’s capacity to achieve and that instruction should be differentiated to address individual learning styles.
- We believe in teaching and cultivating the self-discipline skills that allow one to act with responsibility and integrity within society.
- We believe in the integration of Christian truths and values through example, service, openness, and optimism.
Our primary purpose is to provide the opportunity for students to find identity, purpose and power for their life in Christ. Methods of instruction are developmentally appropriate and adjusted when possible for individual differences. Our objectives are to guide each child to:
- Recognize himself as a child of God
- Develop an understanding of God and His love
- Cultivate all Essential Domains of School Readiness, Birth to Age 5
- Implement Each of Ohio’s Kindergarten Model Curriculums: Mathematics, English Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies
- Cultivate an inquiring mind and thinking skills
- Acquire knowledge and skills in the prescribed curriculums
- Experience, appreciate, and respect God’s creation
- Develop a positive self-concept
- Learn personal responsibility
- Respect the authority of home and school
- Grow caring relationships by recognizing rights, privileges, and individual differences of others