Welcome to Our School
Welcome in the Name of our Risen Lord, Jesus Christ, Savior and King! Thank you for visiting our website. The following information will give you some idea of what we have to offer in the way of early childhood education as a Christian preschool and kindergarten. We pray that God will bless the important decision you are about to make regarding your child’s early learning years.
The King of Kings Lutheran Early Childhood Education Ministries (ECEM) program was established in 1995 with an enrollment of 17 students. With God’s blessings, we have expanded to a nationally- accredited Mom’s Day Out, Early Learner, Preschool, Kinder Ready and Kindergarten Program. We provide a classic Christian education for all of our students. In addition to our Christian focus, we provide a curriculum aligned with Ohio’s Early Learning Developmental Standards for our MDO through Kinder Ready students, and we provide a curriculum aligned with Ohio’s Kindergarten Common Core State Standards for our Kindergarten students.
King of Kings Lutheran Church is committed to providing a safe and loving environment for the children enrolled in these classes. The current facilities include:
- Six large, well-equipped classrooms
- Computers and education software in each classroom
- A large indoor gym
- A toddler-sized outdoor fenced in play area – for the younger children
- A large, outdoor play area – for the older children
- Classroom filled with children’s books and utilized as a school library
- Chapel for weekly worship for all students
- Large fellowship hall where all day school lunches and special presentations take place
- An art room filled with multiple materials to be used by teachers and students
- Grounds surrounding the church school with flower gardens and shade tress
Our school is a ministry of King of Kings Lutheran Church. We are here to educate, enrich, and help each child grow to their fullest potential. Our curriculums are based on the belief that children should be challenged academically, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Therefore, worship is a vital part of life at King of Kings. Each day, a brief devotion of Jesus Time is held in the classroom. Prayers are spoken before snacks and weekly chapel services are held in Luther Chapel to give all children an opportunity to worship our Lord, Jesus Christ in a formal setting. We use a developmental educational philosophy which capitalizes on a children’s innate ability to learn to prepare them well for kindergarten and then first grade.
What Does Developmental Education Look Like?
- Based on Child Development
- Knowledge of age-related human characteristics that permits general predictions within an age range about what activities, materials, interactions, or experiences will be safe, healthy, interesting, achievable, and also challenging to children.
- Implemented Individually: Based on what is known about the strengths, interests, and needs of each individual child in the group to be able to adapt for and be responsive to inevitable individual
- Implemented In Context: Presented in the social and cultural contexts in which children live to ensure that learning experiences are meaningful, relevant, and respectful for the participating children and their families.
The objectives of our Christian academic education depend upon a mutually cooperative relationship between parents and teachers. Teachers provide parents with a bi-weekly or monthly newsletter and a monthly director’s letter is distributed to keep parents informed about current events. We encourage parents to become involved in our school activities. Volunteers may assist with:
- Field Trips
- Monthly Reading Sessions
- School Fundraisers
- Holiday Parties
- Market Day
- School Scrapbook
Choosing a school is a difficult decision; we pray that the information we have provided on the website will make your decision easier. After prayerful consideration of all your options, we hope you will find King of Kings is the place for your child’s early education experience. Please do not hesitate to call our Director, Diane Horvath at 513-398-6089 Ext 304 with any questions or concerns.