We love music at King of Kings, so there are many ways to use your musical gifts here. The list below is a brief sampling of music ministries at King of Kings:
Worship Music Opportunities
- Our Classic Choir meets on Thursday evenings, 7:00 – 8:00 pm, in Luther Chapel. The Classic Choir sings approximately once a month September through the Easter Season, with additional singing in the Advent, Christmas, Lent, Holy Week and Easter Season. Confirmed youth and adults are welcome.
- Our CrossConnections Team meets on Wednesday evenings, 7:30 – approximately 9:00 pm, in Luther Chapel. The CrossConnections team provides, often, the special music for the service and leads the congregation in singing. We use a rotation of teams to avoid burnout, because there is no “vacation” – we have church services every week! Knowledge of current Christian music is helpful.
- We would love some instrumentalists to join our CrossConnections team – specifically, acoustic guitar, light percussion, and bass guitar. We do have a set of digital drums available if you are a drummer.
- Soloists, whether vocal or instrumental, are always welcome. Classic Worship uses symphonic instruments as soloists. CrossConnections Worship will use a variety of instrumentalists as soloists.
- We have an annual Advent Cantata, typically the fourth Sunday in Advent, right before Christmas. This is a perfect opportunity for those who can’t commit to weekly rehearsals to sing with a larger group at Christmas time. Six Saturday rehearsals and take-home rehearsal CDs allow us to have a great time and put together a wonderful morning of worship for our Lord.
- Other event choirs and instrumental groups may be assembled for special events such as citywide gatherings, pastoral installations and the like. These are “one time” commitments, with few rehearsals and a single performance time.